Slip and Fall Lawyer Charlotte, NC
Slip and Fall Lawyer Charlotte, NC
If you are searching for legal assistance from a slip and fall lawyer Charlotte, NC residents rely on, don’t wait to schedule a consultation as soon as possible so that you can receive help. Exploring your legal options early on can save you a lot of time and hassle. Slip and fall cases are challenging, and you will want to have a lawyer who will prepare a strong case for you. It is worth understanding the facts of your case so that you can have a better idea of how to handle your claim and move forward. Allow a skilled lawyer to work on your claim so that you can get the outcome that you deserve. For more information, schedule a consultation right away so that you can begin. One of the reasons why from the start, it is important to schedule a consultation right away, is because when it comes to appointments, sometimes employers can be backed up with other appointments. As such, it is important to make appointments right away, especially if the slip and fall injury is.
Slip and Fall Lawyer in Charlotte, NC
When you hire a lawyer like one at Schehr Law, PLLC, you can receive legal services so that you can resolve your case. It’s important to find a lawyer that will get you the results that you deserve. Not every lawyer is capable of obtaining the maximum possible conversation that you are entitled to because they lack the skills and knowledge to prepare your claim. The team at Schehr Law have a proven record of accomplishing excellent case results for their clients. You need to be able to rely on a lawyer who can help you protect your rights and deliver the outcome that you are entitled to. For more information, schedule a consultation now.
Common Slip and Fall Scenarios
There are many types of slip and fall scenarios. They can be caused by poor construction, spilled objects, broken railings and other things. If you suffer a slip and fall and negligence was a factor, a slip and fall lawyer in Charlotte, North Carolina can determine if you are eligible to recover damages. Moreover, what is also important to remember when it comes to slips and falls, is that the damage that one takes, depends on the heights and impact of the accident, as well as what one slips and falls on. For example, slipping and falling onto a hard floor may cause damage if the impact is not strong. However, slipping and falling on ice may be more damaging, due to the fact that when it comes to slipping and falling on ice, the impact can be more sudden and unexpected.
Spilled Food or Drink
Many cases of slip and falls involve a spilled beverage of wet food item that was not cleaned up properly by staff. These hazards are dangerous because they can cause injuries like head injuries, fractured hips, and sprained ankles. This is why when it comes to aspects pertaining to the work environment, there should be a strong focus on keeping signs up, which caution that a floor is being mopped or has been mopped, and as such, those who are walking around the area should proceed with caution and be careful not to sustain injury.
Broken Railing or Stairs
Many slip, trip and fall cases involve broken railings or stairs that were not suitable for use. If you were at a hotel and fell while walking down the stairs, you may have a case if your lawyer finds that the stairs were not built or cleaned properly by hotel staff. When this happens, and a person sustains injury, if need be, the person that was injured, might be able to sue the hotel, for not taking precautions ahead of time, in relation to putting up a sign. In other words, if there is a broken railing or stairs, hotels should put warning and caution signs up. This is no different from wet floor signs, where signs are put up, to ensure that one is careful in not getting injured, when it comes to something that may be particularly dangerous. Failure to put up such precautions, can end up having consequences.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
As a slip and fall lawyer Charlotte, NC victims trust Schehr Law, PLLC knows all too well, slip and fall injury accidents can happen anywhere. Whether you are out running errands, on your way to the break room at work, or visiting a family member, dangerous conditions on private or public property can leave you suffering from serious injury. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation for what you have been through. In order to receive compensation, you have to establish that the following elements are true:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care to keep the area safe
- The property owner then reached the studio of care
- You were injured because of the breach
The force from a slip and fall can be enough to cause a broken bone. This is especially true for people who are of elderly years, as they are susceptible to bone fractures more than any other age group. But as a Charlotte slip and fall lawyer may suggest, keep in mind that any person of any age can still sustain a broken bone because of a slip and fall. Broken bones of the legs, arms, shoulders, ribs, and collarbone area can have complications which may result in the need for long-term care and rehabilitation.
Spinal Cord Injury
Fractured vertebrae can result from a serious fall, in addition to pinched nerves, slipped discs, herniated discs, and other kinds of debilitating injuries. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury vary based on the person and factors of the accident, but some may have immense pain, reduced mobility, or partial to full paralysis. A doctor can diagnose a slip and fall victim based on the classification of their spinal injury, such as damage to the:
- Coccygeal (tailbone)
- Sacral region (nerves of lower spine)
- Lumbar (lower back)
- Thoracic (middle back)
- Cervical (upper back)
Concussions happen when someone’s head collides with an object or ground, but a concussion can still develop through a sudden and violent shaking, even if the head did not make direct contact with a surface. Symptoms of concussions tend to include nausea, vomiting, confusion, ringing in ears, loss of consciousness, headaches, and more. Concussions can happen without an external visible wound, so those who have been in an accident are advised to get a medical check just in case.
Those who are about to fall may brace themselves as an instinctual response, but that means the wrists through to the elbows and shoulders are vulnerable to injury. Broken bones are common in these areas, in addition to nerve and soft tissue damage. Based on the extent of the injury, treatments for extremity injuries may range from the RICE method to surgery, physical therapy, and more.
Essentially, the purpose of slip-and-fall lawsuits is a way for victims to receive restitution for the injuries and other losses they sustained because of another’s negligence. It is vital that victims visit with a doctor right after a slip and fall accident, so they can start a paper trail for medical records and use that to support their claims. If you need help, please don’t hesitate to speak with our Charlotte lawyer slip and fall team right away, as any delay can hinder your care.
What Should I Do If I Slip And Fall At A Grocery Store?
Now that we have determined how bad a slip and fall can be and the types of injuries it can cause, you are probably wondering what steps you should take if you end up becoming the victim of a slip and fall accident. Grocery stores are especially notorious for slip and fall accidents because there are many factors that may cause a slip and fall to happen. They may have puddles of liquid down the aisles, they may have bumpy or uneven surfaces, they may have broken floors that did not have a warning sign, or they may have lights that are not working that cause you to be unable to see the floor you are walking on. Whatever the cause of your slip and fall, know that it can easily happen at a grocery store and can result in minor to serious injuries. When this is the case, give the Charlotte slip and fall lawyer at Schehr Law, PLLC a call today.
What Steps Should You Take When You Are Ready To File Your Slip And Fall Claim?
When you are prepared to move forward with your slip and fall claim, you may be wondering what steps you should take to get ready with your case. There are a few things that you can do to prepare.
- Determine what caused your accident. This is very important. If you do not know what caused your accident or if you caused your own injury, then you will not be successful with your slip and fall claim. The first step in building your case is to identify precisely what caused the accident. Was it liquid on the floor? An uneven surface?
- Take pictures of the scene. If you are able to immediately afer the accident, take photos of the scene. You will want to take detailed pictures of the item or conditions that caused you to slip and fall.
- Ask for the security footage. Many stores have surveillance footage that could help to bolster your claim. Instead of your case turning into a “he said she said,” you can use surveillance footage to show that the store in some way caused your slip and fall accident.
- Locate any witnesses. Having an eyewitness who can attest to the accident and state that they saw something in the store cause you to slip and fall is a massive piece of evidence that can help you with your claim. If you know anyone who was there who saw what happened, try to gather their information or get in contact with them. Your lawyer will want to know who they are.
- Speak with the manager or supervisor. After the accident, it is important to notify the supervisor and let them know what happened. Not only do you want them aware that you were injured but you also want them to be able to fix what caused the accident so no one else gets hurt.
STEPS YOU SHOULD TAKE TO FILE YOUR SLIP AND FALL CLAIM INFOGRAPHIC
Top Questions To Ask a Slip and Fall Lawyer
When you are preparing for a slip and fall claim, you may come to the realization that you need to work with a lawyer. Whether the recovery process is harder than you think or you believe that a lawyer will be able to help with filing your claim better than you could have, it is important to speak with a lawyer. As you prepare to meet with a lawyer for your slip and fall claim, you can have a few questions ready to go so that you know you are working with someone who will be a good fit for you.
- Does it matter where my slip and fall accident happened? Absolutely. A lawyer will tell you that the events leading up to the accident and the location of the accident are very important. For example, if you slipped and fell at work, your lawyer may talk with you instead about filing a slip and fall accident claim instead of a personal injury claim.
- What legal costs will I need to pay? You should know what you are getting into when it comes to your financial responsibility. Your lawyer should give you an idea of their fees as well as other legal costs associated with cases like yours. This could include costs associated with getting evidence and records for your claim, using expert witnesses, etc.
- What kind of communication should I expect? Your lawyer should be upfront about how they communicate and how often. You want to know that your lawyer is reachable and that they will not leave you high and dry when you need them the most during your case.
- What information do you need from me? While you want to know what to expect from your lawyer during your case, it is also important to know what they will expect from you. This includes your side of what happened during the slip and fall claim, what agreements need to be signed, medical records you might have, and your work information.
- What is the statute of limitations on this case? Many people do not realize that there is a statute of limitations for personal injury cases and that these can vary based on the state you are in. It is important to speak with your lawyer about when the accident occurred–or when you noticed injuries from the accident as these can often change the date of when you can file–so that they can have all of the information and know when the deadline to file is.
- Do you have experience going to trial? You will want to know if your lawyer has experience going to trial for cases similar to yours. While it is more likely that you will settle outside of court, you should know whether your lawyer has the experience and ability to go to trial and put their best foot forward.
Don’t leave your case up to chance. Ensure you are working with a lawyer who is going to be right for the job and who you are comfortable working with. Call our office to set up your consultation today.
Why should I hire a slip and fall lawyer?
If you are in this situation because of someone else’s negligence, it may be in your best interest to discuss your situation with a slip and fall lawyer Charlotte, NC that victims can rely on. Slip and fall accidents can happen when an area isn’t properly maintained. A lawyer can help you collect evidence, provide proof of negligence, and negotiate your settlement. They will be able to handle everything in order for you to get the rest you need to recover from your injuries. A lawyer will handle everything on your behalf and be able to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Why should I contact my lawyer?
The biggest reason you should contact your lawyer is if you have questions. If you have questions about your case, what you should be doing, and what you should avoid, it is best to reach out. Your lawyer will be the one who can give you the correct advice and answers to any questions you have. You should also contact your lawyer if the insurance adjuster on the opposing side will not leave you alone and asking for a statement. You should never talk to anyone without your lawyer present, and if you are being asked to, then firmly say no. Reach out to your lawyer to ensure your safety.
Why should I avoid social media during my case?
A Charlotte slip and fall lawyer is going to give you advice to stay off of social media. The reason for this is that anything you post on social media can and will be used against you by the opposing insurance adjuster. They will twist your words and use them to prove that you are not as hurt as you claim. They will even take photos or statuses from people you know to do the same. This is why it is suggested that you inform your family and friends to not talk about your case or post about you while your case is active. It will save you time and can make your case go smoother.
Why can’t I talk to the insurance adjuster alone?
When you talk to the insurance adjuster alone, you are at risk of making a statement without realizing it. You could easily say something that will get you locked into a statement and that is often their goal. You should always have your lawyer with you if you must talk to the insurance adjuster. Making a verbal misstep in the direct aftermath of your accident can easily result in your case being dismissed or you won’t get the compensation you deserve. An experienced lawyer can guide you through the questioning and ensure that you don’t say something you shouldn’t.
Why can’t I handle this case on my own?
Sadly, the personal injury claim process can be confusing. The insurance company that you will be going up against does not have our best interests in mind. They are going to do anything they can to ensure that you don’t get any compensation. The insurance company will also try to ensure that you admit some fault, even if there was no fault on your end. They will not play fair and that can easily mean you will not get compensation for your injuries. Handling a case on your own isn’t easy. That is why if you want the best possible chance for a good outcome you should hire a Charlotte slip and fall lawyer from the team at Schehr Law, PLLC.
Legal Assistance is Available
If you are still on the fence about getting legal assistance, schedule a consultation with a qualified lawyer so that you can at least get the basic facts of your case. If you do not for your legal actions at least you may regret it later. It is worth talking to a lawyer so that you can see if you have a valid slip and fall case or not, and find out what steps you should take. To learn more, schedule a risk-free consultation with us so that a qualified and highly experienced slip and fall lawyer in Charlotte, NC can assist you.
* Note: I am available via email and phone anytime after hours. Free consultations apply to personal injury and criminal law cases. Immigration defense is subject to a consultation fee which will be applied towards your retainer if you chose to retain.